Friday 3 January 2014

52 Christmas Crackers 2014 - Week 1

I managed to send a grand total of 5 Christmas cards in 2013, a shameful turnout for a card maker! This year I have decided to join in with 52 Christmas Crackers hosted by Nat over at her blog Kool Kitty Musings, it's a challenge to make a Christmas card a week following the prompts and by the time December comes around you will have a fantastic array to choose from.

This week's prompt is to use something new and it was the perfect excuse to break out my new Wplus9 Merry and Bright stamps and dies.

Card stock-Bazzill, Merry and Bright stamps and dies-Wplus9, ink-Memento,
vellum-Making Memories, herringbone embossing folder-Provocraft, glitter 
card-Home Bargains, embossing powder-Stewart Superior.

I'm in love with purple at the moment, especially rich dark purples like the Bazzill cardshoppe card stock I used on this card. I had fun die cutting 2 pieces of acetate and sandwiching them together to make the hurricane lantern, originally I had sprinkled a ton of stickles and glitter at the bottom of the jar to look like snow but it looked like a lump of frog spawn, ick! I cleaned them off and cut a snow drift from white glitter card and it looks much nicer.
                                     Card stock-Bazzill, Merry and Bright stamps and dies-Wplus9, ink-Memento, 
                             vellum-Making Memories, glitter card- DCWV, embossing powder-Stewart Superior.

I went with a more traditional colour scheme on this one, i really felt like it was lacking something so i added some washi tape to help balance it out, looking at it now i think i will also a couple of wraps of bakers twine at the bottom of the washi too.

It feels good to have 2 Christmas cards made already! Fortuitously, they both fit in with the current challenge over at Daring Cardmakers - This Little Light of Mine, double bonus!

Hope you have had a wonderful start to 2014.

Ang

2 comments:

  1. Both lovely cards - I am going to investigate those stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triple bonus points to you, these are both gorgeous, I love the purple card especially, happy to report have some of that card shoppe on the way to me. :D and I have yet to play with the candle bits of that stamp sort but have been wanting to use vellum for the lantern so I will have to see how that turns out. :) thanks also for playing along with the DCM dare. Btw I hear new wplus9 release is arriving soon. I really need to pull my socks up and try out more of what I have so far before more purchases!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails