Monday 30 December 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC124: Happy New Year!


Here are the details for the last CAS-ual Fridays challenge for 2013! 

Since the New Year starts with a countdown, lets count the minutes it takes to complete your project.
OPTIONAL: If you can do it in 10 minutes or less, you can play at 10 Minute Craft Dash too!


This is the card that I had in mind when I originally read the challenge, especially the ten minute part. I am a notoriously slow crafter sometimes, so the challenge of making a card in 10 minutes can seem daunting, but this came together so quickly. I die cut my cardstock using my silhouette as I knew I wanted the gold glitter to show through, but I also wanted to keep in clean and simple. I mounted the die cut panel with foam tape, along with the small middles to the letters and it was done. My time came out at 8.49!

I was then left with all the die cut letters and another piece of gold glitter card, so this is what I did and it took a lot more than 10 minutes!

 I individually pierced the tops of most of the letters, stuck on small foam pads and strung them with gold thread, finishing it off with a sequin at each end. I then took the pad off each letter and individually placed them one by one to get the right banner shape. I glued the threads to the inside of the card and it was finished!

Edited 01/01/14 - At the suggestion of Kimberly Wiener I am going to be bold and also enter these 2 cards into the CASology Cue Card - Party challenge, get me, 2 challenges at once ;)

Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by :)
Ang

8 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY love BOTH cards!!! Lovely, lovely, lovely, BOLD and beautiful!!! I would love it if you linked these up to the CASology PARTY challenge, they are perfect! Just wonderful!

    Happy New Year Ang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creations!!! Happy 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are so cool! love the gold glitter paper and the word banners are too fun! awesome cards! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--both are fantastic. The gold and purple are so classy together, and so smart to get two cards out of those letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO DELIGHTED that you entered these cards, I LOVE then, the color combo and design -they just tickle me PURPLE! Yes, I made that saying up, but hey, it sounds good to me!!!!

    Thanks so much for adding the lovely and so CAS-tastical creations to the CASology Gallery this week! So much fun to see all the "Party-ing" going on, JUST FABULOUS! Thanks again!!

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. I just LOVE the one with 'happy new year' in blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE how you've strung your letters! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KNEW I loved them!!!! Congrats on HM at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails