Tuesday 7 May 2013

3 Step Stamping Colour Combinations The Sweet Life - Updated 2015

Updated 02/02/2015 with readable key of the inks used.

I recently purchased a floral stamp set that requires 3 step stamping, which is a new concept to me, mainly because it requires a degree of precision and colour co-ordination, both of which come fleetingly to me.

One evening I decided to sit and stamp as many colour combinations I could think of, now please bear in mind that this decision may or may not* have come about after drinking a glass of wine.
*it did, and it was two glasses.

I advise you of this because, some, if not all of the samples are stamped squiffily, I like to think that the jaunty angles add 'movement' to the piece and are in no way a reflection of my poor workmanship, and some of the colour combinations are examples of my journey into colour theory. Fine, have it your way, I am guilty of being drunk in charge of an acrylic block.

For your viewing pleasure I present the result of that evening's 'work'

3 Step Stamping Colour Combinations - PTI The Sweet Life by Paper and Ribbons


Lemonade - AD
Peach Bellini - AD Mountain Rose - AD
Aqua – AD
Pool – AD
Peacock Feathers - DI
Aqua Mist – PTI
Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ocean Tides - PTI
Antique Linen – DI
Scattered Straw –DI
Latte - AD




Cantaloupe – MM
Tangelo – MM
Morocco - MM
Tumbled Glass – DI
Broken China – DI
Chipped Sapphire - DI
Cool Peri – AD
Stonewashed – AD
Danube Blue – MM
Lulu Lavender –MM
Sweet Plum – MM
Grape Jelly – MM




Summer Sunrise – PTI
Berry Sorbet – PTI
Pure Poppy - PTI
Angel Pink – MM
Hibiscus Burst – PTI
Picked Raspberry - DI
Angel Pink – MM
Rosebud – MM
Love Letter – MM
Lulu Lavender –MM
Winter Wisteria – PTI
Grape Jelly - MM




Squeezed Lemonade – DI
Peach Bellini – AD
Dried Marigold - DI
Spun Sugar – DI
Pink Sherbet – AD
Hibiscus Burst - PTI
Spring Moss – PTI
Simply Chartreuse – PTI
Ripe Avocado - PTI
New Sprout – MM
Pear Tart – MM
Bamboo Leaves – MM




Cool Peri – AD
Shaded Lilac – DI
Stonewashed - AD
Spun Sugar – DI
Tattered Rose – DI
Victorian Velvet - DI
Lemonade – AD
Dandelion – MM
Summer Sunrise - PTI
Lulu Lavender –MM
Milled Lavender –DI
Winter Wisteria - PTI




Angel Pink – MM
Pink Sherbet – AD
Hibiscus Burst - PTI
Lemonade – AD
Sandal – AD
Orange Zest - PTI
Ladybug – MM
Love Letter – MM
Pure Poppy - PTI
Squeezed Lemonade – DI
Peach Bellini – AD
Pure Poppy - PTI

Key:AD – Adirondack Dye Ink, DI – Distress Ink, MM – Memento Dye Ink, PTI – Papertrey Ink Dye Ink.

Whilst there are a few misses my favourites are all on the third row down and the dark green rose. Of course there are hundreds of other colour combinations and I mainly explored the monochromatic side but I look forward to experimenting more and hope to buy some more stamp sets which require more than one level of stamping.

I also managed to get around to making a card. The background is also an example of 3 step stamping and I was pretty pleased with how it came out (it was my first attempt) and the rose just added the perfect finishing touch, it's one of my favourites in a long while and no doubt will be made again and again in different colour combinations :)

Cardstock - Bazzill. Watercolour Paper - Art Supply. Stamp 
set and matching dies - The Sweet Life, Notepad, Papertrey Ink

Thanks for looking,
Ang x

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You made me laugh out loud with this post! What a delightful way to spend an evening, stamping in it's purest form! Your card is a stunning color combo and very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fabulous reference! Nicely done!
    And your card is gorgeous, too, Ang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm impressed drinking and stamping at the same time with great results.I'm going to try this ......soon. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be please with that card - it's a beauty! love the colors and everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the laugh! Love your colors. I too have been accused of drunk stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. I need some wine. I may feel inspired. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to blow up your photo to read the ink colors you used but half were unreadable, maybe due to the wine.....?! Anyways, great job. This is a Paper Trey Ink stamp set right? Isn't it called something like "The Sweet Life"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Thanks for your hard work, I can only imagine what it would look like if that happened to me!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails