Thursday 18 April 2013

Taking Inspiration #1

Do you use Pinterest? I am an avid pinner, however after I have pinned something I don't often return to it, well, except for recipes. I see so many pretty pictures that I add to my inspiration boards and never get around to using them as actual inspiration. With that in mind I have decided to try using different pictures from these boards more when I am crafting in the form of a 'taking inspiration' challenge.

Here is my first prompt;


First of all I loved the soft pretty colours, the delicate layers of the ranunculus flowers and the pale blue wash on the cup, I also about the stamps I have that I could use to mimic the pattern on the cup.

I pleated some crepe tissue paper by hand and then dyed it with various different shades of pink inks and sprays. I stamped the background using PTI Daydreamer for the circles and a small floral flourish from Peace, Love & Joy. Unfortunately I should have stamped off the paper on the top of the card to make it look more grounded but I am happy to add another card to the almost always empty birthday section in my card holder.

I then loosely used the following picture for the next card;



 
I actually only made this to try out my new Rosie Posie stamps from Papertrey Ink, speaking of which I received this package of goodies a couple of months ago...

 
I am ashamed to say that I haven't used half of this stuff yet and I'm already preparing to put together another order for my birthday next week! I need to schedule myself in for some crafty time so I can give these babies a real workout!

Thanks for reading,
Ang x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails