Saturday 9 November 2013

Moxie Fab Thank You Blog Hop


If you are a papercrafter, there is no doubt that you will have heard of the wonderful Cath Edvalson, Trends Editor at Paper Crafts Magazine. Sadly, Cath has announced that she will be leaving Paper Crafts for pastures new. To thank Cath for all her hard work and inspiration, some lovely ladies have put together a *ginormous* blog hop as a way for paper crafters around the world to share their thanks and love for Cath by producing a card, either to send to Cath or to celebrate all things Moxie Fab, you can see the blog hop post here.

I have been an avid reader of the Moxie Fab World blog for a long time and will be sad to not share the wonderful prompts and inspiration each week. Here is my card

I decided to work with my current favourite stamping set (Fresh Cut Florals, Wplus9) and I love how it turned out, I based it on my love of blue delft porcelain. I don't have too many good luck sentiments but I love the 'have a lovely day' sentiment which can be used for so many different occasions and I thought it was just perfect for this card.

I have had the perforated paper for a few years, and I like how it added texture to the background, whilst still being flat and easy for posting. I raised some of the flowers on foam pads for interest and kept the rest of the card very clean and simple. Now to pop it in the post so it can wing it's way to Cath via the lovely Teri Anderson.

If you have just stopped by on your way around the hop, you may have come from the lovely;


up next on your whistle stop tour is the ever so talented;


you can use the inlinkz list below to see all of the (nearly 300!) blog hop participants. Thank you so much for stopping by and if you would like to make a card to share with Cath, why not add one to this post.

Thank you Cath for 8 1/2 years of inspiration and encouragement for crafters eveywhere! Wishing you lots of luck, sunshine and rainbows!
Ang x

18 comments:

  1. wow! this is just beautiful! it definitely looks like the blue delft that inspired you. I've not seen the perforated paper before. it adds such a neat texture to the entire card. so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this- love the Blue Delft pottery inspiration. That stamp set is one of my favourites too! Thanks for joining with the blog hop! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love the porcelain inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Flowers and Card WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! i love the monochromatic flowers inspired by blue delft design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! The background is lovely and your cluster of flowers looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is utterly fabulous, Ang! So glad that you are part of this epic blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fresh and clean and so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo pretty! I love the blues, so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you based the card on - porcelain - beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that paper, Ang, and I thought it was made by an impression plate - darn! I agree with you that your sentiment is perfect and as another lover of blue delft, I'm over the moon for this card! I'm sure Cath is going to love it, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS! I love the texture & the beautiful blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for this beautiful card, Ang! I absolutely *love* it and am so honored that you created it for little ol' me. Thank you, also, for all the love and support you have shown me and the Moxie Fab World over the years. I had such an incredibly good time there and I'm so glad I got to know you along the way. Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's taking me a LONG time to visit everyone's blogs and I'm sorry for that! But I want to visit them all and give everyone some love. :) I have this stamp set as well, Ang, but I've not thought about doing a monochromatic scheme with them. This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails