Wednesday 2 September 2009

Princesses and Baby Love

I adore my Niece, she is so huggable, bubbly, chatty, cute as a button, adorable, ok I think you get the picture! Unfortunately she, along with my best friend and Nephew emigrated a million miles away (well, maybe not a million but enough that I can't visit every month) and I miss them all so much. They have been at the forefront of my thoughts just recently and although her birthday isn't until December I wanted to make her card now, it made me feel good knowing I was creating something for her and I also want to make sure I can package up a big parcel for all of them for christmas and need to send it mid-November to make sure it gets there on time!

She is a proper little princess, beautiful blue eyes and blonde ringlets so I know that she would love a very girly card and this is what I came up with:



I adore the Imaginisce 'Fairest of them All' collection and was sad that it has been discontinued so have been buying up as much of it as I can. I used two different papers, a chipboard sentiment, some glitter sizzixed (is that a word?) swirls, velvet trim, ribbon roses and sparkly stones. I love it and I am hoping that she will too. I now need to scrap some photos of her using the aforementioned papers!

During my little stamping session the other day I also stamped this cute giraffe, again from imaginisce, colouring him with watercolour pencils.

I used some of my new whitewash coredinations card, cuttlebug embossing folder and some other bits of stickers and trim. Please note the stitching, not something I am used to and I was quite pleased with it. I am not so pleased with the card I am working on at the moment, I used a zig-zag stitch and it zigs more than it does zag so I am currently oversewing parts of it by hand grrrrr.

I don't have anyone around me expecting so I don't usually make baby cards, but he was too darn cute so I went ahead and made one anyway. You never know when you might need a card for such an occasion, right? right?

*crickets*

Shhh, it makes me happy and you never know, someone in the family may have some type of 'tuplet' and that will excuse the ten ton of cards I plan on making - athough I hope they don't weigh ten tons, ouch!

1 comment:

  1. You cards are beautiful! I adore the princess one. No wonder you love those papers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails