Saturday 14 January 2012

A reasonable start to the year!

Craft-wise, that is! I have been in quite a craft slump for the past couple of months but since the start of this new year I have started to pick up the pace, I have even managed a couple of scrapbook pages which I hope to share!

I have really been enjoying using the Papertrey Ink Daydreamer set after entering MIM. After making this card I decided to use the die cut shape on a second card.

Confession: I am trying the whole '-if I make something, I should use up all the scraps before I can start another project-thing' which, if I know myself well enough, I will do for the next 3 projects, then I'll start saving the aforementioned scraps intending on using them up later but will inevitably end up throwing them in the scrap drawer and forget about them!

It all started well enough, until I got to the very end and had the lightbulb moment where I decided to stamp the sentiment on felt, I tested it on a piece of scrap felt and it all seemed ok so I went ahead and stamped it on the felt on the card. Let's just say that I should have left my test piece to develop a bit longer before stamping, as, this happened......
Yup, I clearly didn't think that one through. I stamped the sentiment on a matching piece of card and stuck over the mess!
Not as nice as when the sentiment was first stamped on the felt, but it rescued it so I am happy! Have you had any crafting mishaps that you have had to rescue recently?

Supplies: Note card-Hero Arts, Patterened paper - Making Memories, Felt - Dainty Paperie, Stampset - Papertrey Ink.

Happy saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. You did a great job recovering from your 'stamping on felt' mishap! I would think that you should know that the felt is to be hoarded only, never used. LOL. Love the first card, especially how that sentiment fits perfectly in the negative diecut space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great save on that one!! Would have been a waste of that lovely felt! Love the coordinating ribbon and all the colours.. I've yet to use my Daydreamer set, think I need to learn a thing or two from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love how you were able to fix your "oops!"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails