Wednesday 5 February 2014

52 Cards Challenge 2014 - Week 6

This week for 52 Cards, the challenge is to create a card where the vast majority of items on it are from the same collection, as Nat said, "it shouldn't be too hard, right?" At first i thought this would be a walk in the park, i have a number of collections where i have the coordinating embellishments and thought i would be able to put a card together in 10 minutes flat. Wrong, so very wrong.
Card - Bazzill. Paper and die cuts - The Girls Paperie (discontinued). Twine- 
American Crafts. "on this day, all about you" My Minds Eye. Die - PTI.


I have been hoarding this Girl's Paperie collection for a couple of years or more, I love the whole shabby chicness of it, however this was my second choice of paper. I had originally pulled out the Farmhouse collection by October Afternoon, but try as I might, I was not inspired and after a long evening I ended up shoving all of it in a box and throwing it in a drawer, as much as I love it, I think the 'farm/child' theme was a misguided buy by me :(

Once I moved on to the loveliness that is Paper Girl, this card was a breeze, I do like collage style cards but need to learn when to say enough is enough when it comes to adding embellishments.


It is a friend's birthday this week and I needed to whip up a card and gift wrap idea, fast! I can confidently say that this took less then 10 minutes but looks fab when all put together, bright and cheery.

The paper is from a huge stack of Making Memories paper that I bought on sale, and have barely even touched. I have decided to try and use the paper when making coordinating card/gift tags/gift wrap to use up as much of it as I can. The card was accented with some punched stars, glitter sentiment and glitter dots, I also wrapped the gift in the paper and used a Martha Stewart label for the tag and covered the envelope. Done!

I don't tend to get too personal on my blog, but I have been going through a tough time at the moment and am rarely able to venture outside so this has been a bit of a life line for me to 'talk' to other crafters. I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for reading and for all the kind comments, they are very much appreciated.


Ang x


PS - After 45 minutes i gave up trying to get the text to display correctly, sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Well, the first one may have taken you a while but it was definitely worth it! Love it!
    And also, fab idea with the matching wrap. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you went with the right choice for the challenge card, that paper is gorgeous. I would have struggled with the OA papers too. I am rubbish at the collage style and knowing when to stop, but this card is beautifully balanced. And would you believe it I also bought that paper from MM on sale, have only used a few sheets, but I am very tempted to get the envelope punch board from wrmk so I can use up paper and also make cards in unusual sizes. The punched stars are totally perfect for that paper - I may have to give that one a go!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails