I'm hoping to post a small series of ideas on quick and easy christmas gifts. My first idea is creating small 'Brag Books' easy enough for any proud parent, grandparent or auntie to carry around in their handbag.
Wood ware Blue 2" Craft Punch
Paperchase Clear 4x6 slip in Photo Album
1. Punch 15 squares from co-ordinating paper, this is a great way to use up some of those scraps.
2. Mount the 15 squares on a sheet of card, use a small dab of pritt stick to attach so the glue does not gunk up the needle when sewing.
3. Sew a running stitch around the edge, pull the end of the thread through and tie underneath.
4. Using a zigzag stitch sew across the edges of the squares to create the patchwork effect, pull the end of the thread through the last hole and tie underneath.
4. Trim off the excess card and adhere to the front of the album.
5. Decorate the front with letter stickers, ribbon and any embellishments that you like
Finished! This little project takes about 30 mins, and is simple even for those challenged by a sewing machine (I count myself as one of those people!) I have taken the additional step of placing some paper on the inside cover and adding a MME Daily Dose journalling card;
Back soon x